G Technology is a full service Electrical Contracting company that provides electrical and control services to commercial, industrial and institutional clients.
We are currently looking for a Service Manager with commercial electrical field experience to join our team. We are willing to train the right individual in house.
Base Salary: $70,000 – $80,000
Skills & Qualifications
Experience and Qualifications:
- Minimum of 5 years field experience in the capacity of a Journeyperson or Foreperson.
- Has good moral standards, such as honesty, loyalty, and dependability.
- Ability to run a small crew efficiently and deliver quality work.
- Ability and willingness to train others.
- Possesses good communication skills, verbal and written
- Knowledge of current NFPA70 code.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and can pass a random background/drug test.
- Oversee and Manage Service work and ensure quality, clean work from crews.
- Ability to manage emergency calls in a timely manner.
- Prepare small estimates and change orders.
- Prepare AIA and close out documents.
- Monitor project status and ensure project deadlines are met.
- Establish and maintain job schedules.
- Coordinate with service crews to accomplish job scope.
- Coordinate with General Contractors, customers, vendors, etc. as needed on projects.
- Monitor labor tracking and project financial status to ensure financial health of each project.
- Coordinate with Operations Managers, administrators, and estimators for project hand off processes.
- Maintain WIP reports, attend Manpower meetings and site meetings as needed.
- Monitor the progress of current projects.
- Manage service team members to ensure the team’s objectives are met.
- Handle customer complaints or concerns quickly and professionally to maintain good customer relationships and ensure repeat customers.
- Assist with or perform administrative tasks, such as managing and updating project notes, processing new work orders, and tracking job notes, materials and equipment usage.
- Order materials for service crews.
- Monitor department issues and client complaints to create methods to lessen recurring issues.
- Maintain strong relationships with manufacturers, dealers, and sales representatives.
- Help to train new employees in company procedures.
- Maintain a strong working knowledge of industry regulations, restrictions, and laws, ensuring the company’s adherence to these regulations, and remaining current on the industry’s standards and new innovations, materials, tools, and processes.
- Excellent leadership skills
- Sales minded attitude
- Strong customer service skills
- Maintain relationships with customers
- Have a working knowledge of electrical drawings and ability to read blueprints
- Strong ability to troubleshoot and problem solve.
- Ability to work under pressure and handle stress.
- Ability to multitask.
- Strong computer skills.
- Familiarity with Office 365, Outlook, and Bluebeam a plus.
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Holidays
- 401K Contributions
- Available overtime
- Competitive Health insurance benefits
- Medical, Prescription, Dental, Vision
- Supplemental Medical Coverage
- 401K Contribution
- Paid Vacations
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Sick/Personal Days
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Continued Education
- Individualized Training Plans
Registered apprenticeship programs are the first step in creating a foundation for a successful career path. In addition to classroom learning and hands on training, students will also gain on-the-job training by working alongside qualified electricians. This comprehensive four year training module allows apprentices to successfully complete the State required 240 hours of classroom training, as well as 8,000 hours of on-the-job training in order to receive their Journeyman Certificate.